Eduardo Camponogara received a Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University in 2000. He is a professor in the Automation and Systems Engineering Department, where he is performing research in mathematical optimization, distributed control and their applications in energy, oil production, and transportation systems.
CURRENT Ph.D. STUDENTS
- Marco Aurélio Schmitz de Aguiar, “Distributed optimal control of DAE systems,” since 2016.
- Eduardo Hulse, “Modeling and control of bus rapid transit systems with bottleneck constraints”, since 2018.
- Alireza Olama, “Distributed cardinality constrained mathematical optimization for learning and control,” since 2019.
- Luis Nazari, “Modeling and optimal control of water rivers and reservoirs for flood mitigation,” since 2019.
- Jean Jordanou, “Data-driven modeling and control of large scale dynamic systems,” since 2019.
CURRENT MASTER’s STUDENTS
- Leandro Rocha, “Linear relaxations for mixed-integer bilinear programs: algorithms, models and applications to the operational management of crude oil supply,” since 2019.
- Carlos Luguesi, “Proxy models and derivative-free optimization of gas networks,” since 2019.
- Amanda Machado, “Model-based derivative-free optimization of uncertain simulated functions”, since 2020.
- Robson dos Santos Júnior. “Modeling and control of differential-algebraic equations using physics-informed neural networks,” since 2020.
CURRENT UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Eduardo Rehbein, “Physics-informed neural networks for dynamic control,” since 2019
RECENT Ph.D. DISSERTATIONS SUPERVISED
- Leonardo Salsano de Assis. “Operational management of crude oil supply: models and solution strategies,” 2020. Now at Aurubis, Germany.
- Caio Merlini Giuliani. “Contributions to derivative-free optimization: an exact penalty method and decompositions for distributed control.” 2019.
- Thiago Lima Silva. “Contributions to modeling and optimization of oil production systems,” 2017. Now at NTNU, Norway.
- Vinicius Ramos Rosa, “Design and optimization of oilfied subsa infrastructures with manifold placement and pipeline layout,” 2016. Now at Petrobras
- Ríad Mattos Nassiffe, “Frameworks for real-time systems reconfiguration with QoS, under energy and temperature constraints,” 2015. Now at IFC.
- Helton Fernarndo Scherer, “Distributed MPC of dynamic networks: interior-point algorithm and applications,” 2014. Now at Itaipu Technology Center.
- Marcelo Lopes de Lima, “Distributed satisficing MPC,” 2013. Now at Petrobras Research Center.
- “Echo State Networks in Identification and Control of Dynamic Systems,” Department of Engineering Cybernetics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, October 2019.
- “Integrated Short-Term Production Optimization of Multi-Reservoir Oilfields,” Department of Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University, March, 2018.
- “Distributed Optimization and Control of Dynamic Networks, Center for Advanced Decision-Process,” Department of Chemical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, January, 2018.
- “Derivative-Free Trust-Region Optimization Exploiting Structure in Network Systems, Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Stanford University, December 2017.
- “An Integrated Methodology for Production Optimization from Multiple Offshore Reservoirs in the Santos Basin,” Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Stanford University, November 2017.
- “Distributed Optimal Control: Frameworks and Recent Developments,” IBM Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, January 2017.
SOME RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- M. de Aguiar, E. Camponogara, B. Foss, “An augmented Lagrangian for optimal control of DAE Systems: algorithm and properties,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2021.
- L. Assis, E. Camponogara, I. Grossmann, “A MILP-based clustering strategy for integrating the operational management of crude oil supply,” to appear in Computers & Chemical Engineering, 2021.
- E. Camponogara, H. Scherer, L. Biegler, I. Grossmann, “Hierarchical decompositions for MPC of resource constrained control systems: applications to building energy management,” to appear in Optimization and Engineering, 2021.
- L. Seman, L. Koehler, E. Camponogara, W. Kraus Jr, “Integrated headway and bus priority control in transit corridors with bidirectional lane segments,” Transportation Research Part C – Emerging Technologies, v. 111, p. 114-134, 2020.
- E. Hulse, T. Silva, E. Camponogara, V. Rosa, B. Vieira, A. Teixeira. “Introducing approximate well dynamics into production optimization for operations scheduling,” Computers & Chemical Engineering, v. 136, p. 1-15, 2020.
- L. Seman, L. Koehler, W. Kraus Jr, E. Camponogara, “Real-time integrated holding and priority control strategy for transit systems,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, v. 20, p. 3459-3469, 2019.
- M. Lima, E. Camponogara, M. Campos, L. Miyatake, “Automatic control of flow gathering networks: A mixed-integer receding horizon control applied to an onshore oilfield,” Control Engineering Practice, v. 86, p. 48-55, 2019.